Do you love animals? Do you want to make a difference in their lives? If you are driven by the desire to help SEAACA increase pet adoptions and educate the public about responsible pet ownership, then we look forward to meeting you! Our volunteers are given the opportunity to make a positive impact on their community, one animal at a time.
Volunteers are an integral part of customer and animal service for SEAACA. Volunteers work collaboratively with the adoption program, care center staff and veterinary clinic staff to facilitate adoptions, assists pet owners in locating lost pets, and interact with shelter animals and clinic support tasks. If you interested in volunteering, please call (562) 803-3301 ext. 255.
- Volunteer Eligibility
- Individuals interested in working at the care center with animals, the public, at off-site events, or in the veterinary clinic are good candidates for the volunteer program.
- Members of the public who are also interested in the Foster Program which involves caring for special needs shelter animals in volunteer’s private homes, must also apply and be accepted into the Volunteer Program.
- Volunteers must be at least 15 years of age in order to apply for volunteer status.
- Volunteers between the ages of 15 - 18 years must have a parent or guardian sign a release form.
- Volunteers who are minors must also have a work permit from their school prior to beginning volunteer service.
- Each volunteer must complete the SEAACA volunteer application.
- Each volunteer must sign the SEAACA volunteer liability waiver.
- Volunteers must complete an orientation and training program prior to starting their volunteer assignment.
- The SEAACA volunteer assignments include but are not limited to:
- Off-Site Events
- Office Assistant
- Grooming room-bathing dogs
- Animal Care Assistant-(Preparation-fill new litter boxes, laundry, food preparation; animal handling; kennel cleaning)
- Customer Service-greeter
- Adoption Assistant
- Veterinary Division Assistant
- Veterinary Division-RVT Intern
- Veterinary Division-Veterinarian
If you are interested in working with animals and are 15* years of age or older, please submit an online Volunteer Application Form
For more information, call (562) 803-3301.
*If you are under 18, you will need parental consent.