City License Information
SEAACA’s Care Center is closed to members of the public. Modifications in operations have been implemented to reduce the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). SEAACA’s Licensing Services are now available Tuesday-Friday from 10:00am - 4:00pm and Saturday 9:00am - 3:00pm.
SEAACA is a Joint Powers Authority with 8 member cities and 6 contract cities. It is our goal to provide a responsive, proactive, and compassionate approach to the animal issues within our communities. The cities we serve are:
- Humane education
- Enforcement of city and state laws pertaining to licensing your pet.
- To inquire about an Assistance Dog Application please contact (562) 803-3301 Ext. 239. Assistance dog identification tags are available for dogs that have been individually trained to do work or perform physical tasks for people with disabilities.
- Service Animals are working animals, not pets. The work or task a dog has been trained to provide must be directly related to the person's disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify and are not recognized as Service Animals under the American Disability Act (ADA).
- The Southeast Area Animal Control Authority (SEAACA) requires that any person who applies for an assistance dog identification tag must complete and sign an Assistance Dog Affidavit.
SEAACA Vaccination Clinic & Pet Licensing Information
Summer is SEAACA’s busiest season. While we look forward to assisting you, wait times can be 1-3 hours, occasionally longer. Customers are assisted on a first come, first served basis. The clinic line may close sooner than the posted closure time due to the volume of clients.
Know Before You Go:
- Bring water for you and your pet
- Umbrellas are great for areas that may not be shaded
- Be sure you pet has a collar and leash.
- Cats must be in proper carrier
- Remember to bring your pet’s previous vaccination records.
You may license your pet for Bell Gardens, Bellflower, Buena Park, Downey, Lakewood, La Palma, Montebello, Paramount, Pico Rivera, South El Monte, and South Gate at SEAACA. For Licensing in other SEAACA cities, see list below:
Bell Gardens, Bellflower, Buena Park, Downey, Lakewood, La Palma, Montebello, Pico Rivera, South El Monte, and South Gate fees payable at SEAACA:
City of Lakewood
|Senior Unaltered:||$28.00||Senior Altered:||$14.00|
|Late fee is $20.00. Tag replacement fee is $5.00.|
|Cats:||Cats are currently not required to be licensed.|
City of South Gate
|Senior Unaltered:||$47.00||Senior Altered:||$7.00|
|Late fee is $28.00. Tag replacement fee is $8.00. Senior is any person over 62 years of age.|
|Cats:||$66.00 voluntary license|
All dogs must be licensed within 30 days of becoming 4 months of age or moving into the city. Please bring your animals current rabies certificate and/or sterility certificate. Rabies vaccination must be valid for the entire current licensing period. Expiration date of license must not exceed expiration date of the rabies vaccination.
License fees must be paid annually. License fees are subject to a penalty if any person fails to pay the required dog license renewal fee within thirty (30) days of its due date or if any person fails to obtain an original license within thirty (30) days after owning any dog or any dog coming into their care, custody, and control. Late fees will be assessed cumulatively for dog licenses not paid during the licensure period. Dog license fees are subject to change per City Council approval.