THE ADOPTION PROCESS
Adoptions and Animal Claims
available by appointment.
Tuesday-Saturday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Animal interactions are not offered at this time.
Adding a new member to your family by adopting a pet from SEAACA's Animal Care Center is an exciting time. Adopting a pet is a 'Companion for Life' and should not be taken lightly. We at SEAACA want to work with you to help you make the right choice for your new family member.
An approved adoption application is required along with a proper identification before any adoption can take place. Several forms, including the application will be given to you to complete after you have found a pet you may want to adopt.
Allow extra time for the adoption process. A short interview with the adoption counselor may be required before any adoption is approved.
There are times that adoptions are denied for various reasons. SEAACA tries to ensure both the new pet and the new owners are compatible.
SEAACA's adoption fees for dogs and cats include spaying and neutering, first set of vaccinations and permanent-ID microchip. Rabbits are also spayed or neutered for their well-being and best behavior.
- 8 weeks to 6 months: $200
- 6 months and 1 day to 12 months: $175 -$150.00 After 2 Available Days
- 1 year and 1 day to 5 years years: $150 -$100.00 After 2 Days Available
- 5 years and 1 day and older: $100 -$50.00 After 2 Days Available
- 6 weeks to 12 months: $120
- 1 year and 1 day to 5 years: $100
- 5 years and 1 day and older: $60
- All Rabbits: $50 (includes microchip)
- Other animals: Please inquire at SEAACA's front office.
There are special event discounts or promotions which may apply to the animal you wish to adopt. Our Customer Service Representatives will advise if any apply to your adoption.