The primary responsibility of SEAACA’s Licensing Team is to ensure pet owners are in compliance with local and State licensing requirements. They ensure dogs have current rabies vaccinations to protect them and the public.
The goal is to increase awareness regarding the benefits of responsible pet ownership, educate residents regarding the benefits of pet licenses, and to ensure pet and public safety.
SEAACA has partnered with DocuPet to provide residents with an enhanced pet licensing experience. Your pet's license now includes DocuPet's free HomeSafe™ 24/7 lost pet service and designer license tags with personalization options. Additionally, 20% of every product sale (designer tags, collars and leashes) is donated to SEAACA’s Animal Care Center through DocuPet's Safe&Happy Fund.
Benefits of Licensing
Licensing your pet displays responsible pet ownership and helps fund local animal welfare initiatives in your community. In addition to your pet's license, here are some benefits of your DocuPet online profile:
●Hundreds of unique and colorful designer tag styles to choose from, or design your own tag style online. All tags, standard or designer, double as your pet's official license
●With full access to HomeSafe™ 24/7 lost pet service, upload recent photos of your pet and include important information that will help identify and retrieve them if they become lost
●Add additional pet guardians to your pet's profile
●Skip the trip and easily purchase or renew your pet's license from the comfort of home
●Upload important new documents for your pet by snapping a photo
●Make an optional donation to SEAACA via DocuPet's Safe&Happy Fund and help support local animals in need
●Easily view and download your pet's license documentation
●Read up on exclusive pet-focused content
●Make changes to your account, including updating your contact information and updating pet details and status
●View your order status and history
· Enforcement of city and state laws pertaining to licensing your pet.
· To inquire about an Assistance Dog Application please contact (562) 803-3301 Ext. 239. Assistance dog identification tags are available for dogs that have been individually trained to do work or perform physical tasks for people with disabilities.
· The tag identifying a dog as an assistance dog shall be used only by a person with a disability or a trainer of an assistance dog.
· Service Animals are working animals, not pets. The work or task a dog has been trained to provide must be directly related to the person's disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify and are not recognized as Service Animals under the American Disability Act (ADA) unless the dog is trained to calm a person with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) during an anxiety attack.
· The Southeast Area Animal Control Authority (SEAACA) requires that any person who applies for an assistance dog identification tag must complete and sign an Assistance Dog Affidavit.
All dogs, (4) months of age and older, are required by law to be vaccinated for rabies and to have a current license. A valid license with current information also identifies the pet's owner and allows them to be reunited with their pet in case they ever get lost.
License fees can be paid online, in person, over the phone or by mail. The license fee is substantially less for a spayed or neutered dog. Additionally, senior citizens may pay a lower license fee. SEAACA offers vaccination clinics, please see clinic hours for service.
If a License Inspector or Animal Control Officer visits your residence, please be prepared by having your current pet license, vaccination records, and spay/neuter certificate available to show in order to avoid a possible citation. Residents not in compliance will be subject to license fees and delinquency charges. In order to avoid penalties, be sure to have evidence of current licensing. Dog licenses may be purchased at a variety of locations.
In-Person Licensing Office Hours
Customers are assisted on a first come, first served basis.
*Tuesday - Friday: 10:00 am- 4:00 pm
*Saturday: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
*The Licensing Department is closed daily from 11:20 am - 12:30 pm.