Do you love animals? Do you want to make a difference in their lives? If you are driven by the desire to help SEAACA increase pet adoptions and educate the public about responsible pet ownership, then we look forward to meeting you! Our volunteers are given the opportunity to make a positive impact on their community, one animal at a time.
Volunteers are an integral part of customer and animal service for SEAACA. Volunteers work collaboratively with the adoption program, care center staff and veterinary clinic staff to facilitate adoptions, assists pet owners in locating lost pets, and interact with shelter animals and clinic support tasks.
- Individuals interested in working at the care center with animals, the public, at off-site events, or in the veterinary clinic are good candidates for the volunteer program.
- Members of the public who are also interested in the Foster Program which involves caring for special needs shelter animals in volunteer’s private homes, must also apply and be accepted into the Volunteer Program.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age in order to apply for volunteer status.
Becoming a Volunteer
- Each volunteer must complete the SEAACA volunteer application.
- Each volunteer must sign the SEAACA volunteer liability waiver.
- Volunteers must complete an orientation and training program prior to starting their volunteer assignment.
Download Volunteer Application
Volunteer Assignments/DutiesThe SEAACA volunteer assignments include but are not limited to:
- Off-Site Events-help set up; showcase animals for adoptions; help with humane education regarding Responsible Pet Ownership
- Office Assistant-greet visitors; assist owners looking for their pets; help the public complete adoption paperwork
- Grooming room-bathing dogs
- Animal Care Assistant-Preparation-fill new litter boxes, laundry, food preparation; animal handling; kennel cleaning
- Customer Service-greeterwithin the kennels and help the public identify animals appropriate for a new addition to their families
- Adoption Assistant-Assist the public with pre-adoption interaction to ensure there is a great match before adoption
- Veterinary Division Assistant-greet customers and help with vaccination clinic paperwork
- Veterinary Division-RVT Intern-specific to students completing necessary internship hours
- Veterinary Division-Veterinarian-licensed veterinarians to assist with off-site events and vaccination clinics
If you are interested in working with animals and are 18 years or older, please complete and submit an application at the Care Center during business hours.
Applicants will be contacted quarterly if your application illustrates you may be an asset to our team. Not every applicant will be accepted.
At this time SEAACA will not be accepting anyone under the age of 18 years, school projects, or community service hours.